In this episode, I share the approach to goal setting that I learned at Tony Robbins’ Date with Destiny seminar in West Palm Beach, FL.
Date with Destiny was one of the most powerful and important events I’ve ever attended, and though I can’t do the impact justice through a podcast, I felt one of the best things I could share would be Tony’s approach to goal-setting.
If you’re anything like me, goal-setting is a mixed bag. There are a lot of good goal-setting frameworks out there, but they’re also easy to get tired of. I found myself in that boat and was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked this one.
The Tony Robbins Guide to Year-End Goal Setting:
- Set 4 categories: 1. Things & Stuff, 2. Experiences, 3. Treasure, 4. Contributions
- Write down 1, 3, 5, or 10 next to each goal to represent the years
- Write down your one-year goals and rank the top 4
- Then ask 4 follow up questions for each goal
The 4 Follow-Up Questions:
- Why to you want to accomplish this goal?
- What is the pain you will feel if you don’t accomplish this goal?
- What is the pleasure you’ll get from accomplishing this goal?
- How will accomplishing this goal contribute to others?
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Danny Ozment. Here’s an article he wrote about the benefits of podcasting:
A Few More Podcasting Benefits
Check it out and then schedule a FREE strategy call with him at the bottom of that page.